Half a medium-sized butternut squash – cubed and boiled
Half a medium-sized sweet potato – cubed and boiled
Two x medium-sized beetroot – peeled, cubed and boiled
One medium carrot – chopped and heated for 3-4 minutes
One tablespoon of miso paste
Two-three cloves of garlic – finely chopped
One medium-sized red onion – chopped
One small piece of ginger – chopped finely
Half a cup of red lentils – soaked in advance
Half a cup of sweetcorn
Half a handful of fresh coriander leaf – torn (and some more to garnish)
Turmeric (to taste)
Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
A pinch of black pepper
Nutritional yeast flakes to sprinkle in the mix, and some more to garnish
Fresh green chili – chopped to garnish on top
Approx. one cup of water, or more if you prefer a thinner soup
Coconut cream block (optional) – cut 1-2 tablespoons and heat until liquid
- Chop butternut squash, sweet potato and beetroot. Cube and boil until soft.
- Chop and add the carrot to the pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and refill the pan with boiling water.
- Add the miso, nutritional yeast, coriander leaf, garlic, ginger etc. and reheat.
- Simmer on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook lentils and rinse, to cool in a pan.
- Take the soup ingredients off the heat and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into a pan and add the lentils and sweetcorn.
- Gently heat and stir.
- Serve with green chilli, coriander and nutritional yeast flakes for garnish.